Saturday, July 8, 2017

N•RAIL Layout - Rev 03 Overview



I had a request for seeing what the whole layout plan was. Since I didn't actually design it on the computer, I just ended up freehand drawing up the overall layout so people could have an idea of what it looks like.

The main layout setup is very similar to my old layout.
Click for larger view
The bottom corner of the layout space (where the station is) will be another mountain / hill area. The elevated areas will be the cool, hillside track I wanted to get in.


Images of the layout space

 
STATION - middle right side of layout drawing
STATION - middle right side of layout drawing

 Lots of fun switching!
FACTORY - top of photo


The tram track loop will be street running. I'll have to research how to make that happen. :)
The tram loop back through Soyokaze


The elevated track area

Track leading to bridge area

BRIDGE - Left side of layout drawing

SOYOKAZE HARBOR - top area of photo


So, after playing around with this setup some more, I'm really thinking I'm set on the layout overall.  I have many of the things I've watched on my new rev. The play-ability of the layout makes this layout so much more fun than what I had. I have some challenges coming up, but they will be a lot of fun to work through.

I plan to pin and tack all my raised areas, get he track steady and working properly, then I'm going to play with it a while to make sure I'm still digging the setup before doing anything else. That way I can change things if needed. 

Comments welcome! Let me know if I may have missed an opportunity or if I've created something that might be an issue in the future!  

CHEERS! 
<><>

No comments:

Post a Comment