Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Small update for October



Busy? YUP! 

I have way too many hobbies, North Bay fire smoke messing with my already cold addled brain, and a small case of analysis paralysis I'm trying to deal with on three fronts.  So....I'll keep this quick. :)


Firstly, I did manage to spend 30 minutes on the track to make sure my EVA500 could make it around without derailing...before my new doggie escaped from the back yard (....maybe via a motorcycle and complex action plan...) and phone calls and fence repairs started. :::grin:::






But, I really have not done much more than that. I've dabbled in getting things running. I've plotted out some things here and there. Cleaned the track a few times. But...yeah, not much more. I was supposed to be working on a gift for a friend, but I got to the point where I was trying to work on it at night and just couldn't manage to get past getting all the supplies out! hehehe

Many factors there. Moving on.



I have been planning out some items on the layout that seem like they are transferring from paper to layout well. One of the areas is the massive elevator that will take harbor shipments up to the railroad section - the area on the right side of the photo on the left.

However, I want to get my backgrounds designed before doing much more. I figure that if I can get the backgrounds up BEFORE plastering and the like, I'll have more table space to navigate to get the background up.





Another paralysis point - background production and printing. Whew. I found a great site with all the HOW TO stuff called out (  Sumida Crossing  http://www.sumidacrossing.org/LayoutConstruction/BackdropConstruction/MakingBackdrops/ ), which is a big help. I actually do motion graphics and design for a living, so I should be able to cobble something together. I just have to check printing costs.





I'm also playing around with the idea of another station on the layout. (photo on right)  It would make sense where it is. We'll see what shakes out from me sitting with it a while.





In Other News
I was recently shown the work of Shunichi Matsuba and I was blown away. Great stuff! He's a true artist. His details are amazing. He's definitely being added to my HOBBY HERO list! 
https://www.facebook.com/shunichi.matsuba







Some fantastic detail work!!!   Look at this comparison!



Ok...that's all I can muster at the moment. :)

Happy Modeling!

<><>

No comments:

Post a Comment