Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Fantastic suggestion from Down Under


I had a great conversation with someone on MODEL RAIL RADIO this weekend. He's a guy from Australia who has many skills and many wise ideas and he's great at working out possible fixes and additions on people's layouts.  He had a fantastic suggestion for my Harbor Elevator I had planned.





His suggestion was to go with something like the Vivian Incline
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naGrum5Qsnc


So, instead of an elevator that would just take trucks up to a loading area, I could send whole cars down to be loaded at the harbor level! I loved the idea and started in on it the other night.






It even looks like I can make the platform large enough so that I can get trucks on it as well. It's going to be a fun little nugget to build. Later. After I get the tracks sorted. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment