Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Statue scene


I ran across my photo of my little statue scene and it made me happy. :)
As I've said, I've placed a lot of the model rail related items on the back burner for now due to real life duties around the home. Seeing things like this gives me hope for a bright and shining future in the hobby once the smoke clears.

And, the mere fact that I've taken the time to post this finally gives me hope for side projects related to the hobby - like my little Soyokaze Stories plan where I take images like these and write little tales about them. I have TONS of images to do this with and it will combine my love of writing with the love of layouts and trains.

This little scene was a lot of fun to work out. I had gotten the small, metal figure as a gift. It was sitting here on my desk and I glanced at it, then at my n scale stuff, then back at it and something clicked in my head. It seemed like the perfect centerpiece to an n scale scene. I was super happy with the outcome.

The base is a simple structure built from styrene. I then painted it and weathered it up to look like stone. In "The Bright and Shining Future®" of my hobby time, there will be lots of these little scenes scattered about. That's one of my favorite aspects of the hobby - scene creation. After seeing some Google images of Japan and it's street, town, and city areas, I'll have A LOT to work with when the time comes to start in again on a full layout. I love little detail elements like bike stands, vending machines, parking areas (some as simple as a spot for three cars and a small pay machine) and items of that nature.

Happy Hobbying! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment