Thursday, April 4, 2013

Soyokaze Shots and future plans



In 2013, Soyokaze will be going through some major changes...I hope.

We are looking at home options and our current selection has a space for an office / layout room for me. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the idea. This will not be a "basement empire", but it will be four times the space I'm currently using here at home. This will allow for me to finally take the Soyokaze and Shizuka sections and putting them together with rail transport between the two.

Soyokaze will stay the same while I work out the benchwork, etc. , but it may be stripped and reset after that allowing for me to restructure certain elements and enlarge other areas like the water and pond spots.



Soyokaze station will remain quaint and small, but there will be an addition of a subway section if I can work out the benchwork to support it. I want a trolly to service Soyokaze on above ground tracks to keep a smaller, more quiet feel to the area. A more modern, Japanese train will service the area underground. I need to work out the tracks going under the village to see if I can get the grade right in the space I have to work with. Basically, six inches over about five feet. We'll see - I've never done anything like that before. :)




Scenes and interactions will still play a major part in my setup. I love having little areas where people are living their tiny lives out on my layout. While things are being set up, I plan on doing some more writing based on current scenes like the one above - telling the story of the little scene and what's going on there. It was fun doing the first one and I'd like to continue.



I'm also planning to continue the fishing industry carry through with a Soyokaze branded fishing presence in Soyokaze and Shizuka. I'm even planning a little spur out to the fishing spot for train delivery service.

While exciting, I also know that 1.) The house deal my not pan out this round and 2.) even if it does work out, it will take me a long while to set up the benchwork, trackage and the like. The time and money that will be needed will make it a slow process.  At least things are moving forward on a few fronts.



View more shots here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcojojo/sets/72157633162798450/

~M~

No comments:

Post a Comment