Another quicky update from the world of N•RAIL.
Firstly....a fuzzy video. :)
The mountain was a PAIN to reach, but I got phase one done.
I came up with a process to cut foam core into the odd spaces of my layout. Worked like a charm! First, I took copy paper and folded it into the space I was trying to fill. I taped the pages together once it was in place.
Then I just used that as a template and cut and sprayed the foam core. Fit perfectly.
I did the same process for this section as well. I wanted to get rid of the Uniplates here because they were more work than I wanted to get them to work in the odd shaped space. A solid, foam core space is going to be much easier to deal with.
I did this before and was able to tunes things to make the space more interesting.
I've also been working on a friend's layout. He had someone helping him, but the progress was not what he was hoping for. He wanted something more like my layout - realistic, but with a sense of play as well. He had a MAZINGER figure on the layout and wanted to keep it, so I built out this platform for it to stand on. :)
There's a LOT to do on his layout and it's difficult because it's off in his shop, so he gave me a key to the space and I try to get over there to work when I can. Another difficult thing is carrying all my materials over every time. However, it's working out for the most part.
And I'll end with some shots of where things are currently. It's slowly getting back. Between work, freelance items and standard home goings on....like my dog getting bitten yesterday :( it's been a slow process. I just get a little done when and where I can and try to remember that THIS is supposed to be the FUN and RELAXING part....not the stress inducing part. :)