Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Out of the ashes...a new layout arrises!


WOO HOO! I finally broke my buildings out of their boxes and popped them back onto the layout! SO HAPPY!




I still have a LOT of shifting, plotting, planning, and building to do, but it's great to have things back on the layout again.  The new layout is providing some new interests as well - some cool shots and scenes.

Funny, but when I was doing my planning, I completely forgot the residential area. Oops. I found a fix that should work, however. We'll see. The raised track areas are visually fun. Can't wait to scenic them!



The new Soyokaze Village area is a lot of fun. I might make it a walking only area with a few exceptions for deliveries and the like. I've seen some areas in Japan that have this. I think it would be fun to have little chains and poles roping off the area with a bunch of people walking around as tourists.

I also need to look at how people get up to the temple area - walkways and the like. Maybe clay.


The Soyokaze Town area is currently split up a bit. I need to work on it.




I'm trying to sort out how the heck I'm going to scenic the mountain in the background! hehehe I should have made it a module instead of building it in place. We'll see how it goes. : /



Not much changed in the yard area.


Shizuka needs some shifting and shuffling, but it's going to be a good space, I think.







So glad to have things out of boxes and to have the space back in my office space!
Now begins the building shifting and shuffling phase I love! Always a lot of fun. I also want to scenic up Temple Hill - it's become a tradition to have that done first. The Harbor Section is a bit forgotten. I need to dial that in a bit as well. I'm still sorting some things out there. For some reason, the new space is a little more difficult than it used to be. 

Ahhhh....happy camper! :)  Thanks for reading!

<><>



No comments:

Post a Comment