Saturday, July 6, 2013

Modemo Keihan Electric Railway Type 60

I think I know one of the items I'd like to run on my layout. This little Keihan Electric Railway Type 60 is just the ticket. A little old school style with a nice look and color scheme.

If I'm going to do it, I'll have to do it right - placing catenary posts along the tracks as well, but I think that's a detail that will work well for me in the long run.

The Modemo stuff seems to run well and is able to pull off the slow movements I'd like. The only downside is not being able to run it locally before buying it to see if I really like it or not, but I think it's still worth the risk from what I've seen online.

I'm going to do some more looking, but I think this will be ordered by the end of the month. :)












3 comments:

  1. Very nice! Love the layout you posted too. Wonder where you can get these Modemo models? Maybe ebay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get a lot of my items from HOBBY SEARCH ( http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/rail/ ) or PlazaJapan on eBay. They are both well stocked and the prices are fair. I just need to make sure I have complete orders if I'm going to pay for shipping. No need buying a $10 item and paying $10 in shipping costs. :)

      Delete
  2. I and some of my friends all have a very bad experience with Modemo. The Motor unit is not very smooth, and not durable. Especially after 2-3months........I got 3 Modemo Trams, none of them can run smoothly, especially when running slowly........But I agree that Modemo Tram is quite impressive and good looking.

    ReplyDelete