Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Raymond Loewy



GOOGLE's awesome Loewy doodle for today



GOOGLE let me know that Raymond Loewy celebrates a birthday today. Besides the little things this industrial designer did like the design of the bottle for Coca-Cola, the Lucky Strike cigarette packets and the logos for Exxon and Shell - you know, small things like that - he designed some BEAUTIFUL trains for the Pennsylvania Railroad.

Now, I'm not going to cut and paste a bunch of facts here from the internet. You can search for more information yourselves I'm sure. But, when I saw these trains I just had to pop a few photos up. I love the deco, streamline look of these machines. They represent an era I love when it comes to design. Things had a style and grace that can be lacking in some of the items produced today.

Enjoy!















No comments:

Post a Comment