Sunday, July 13, 2014

Canvas rolls for backdrop painting

Hmmm...does this make sense?

I thought, "If I'm going to paint a background myself for my layout, doesn't it make sense to buy canvas to use and tack it onto the wall directly?"

If I got six yards of 83inch canvas, I could even cut it in half and have a 41.5" option right there which would block the wall nicely - allowing for mistakes and the like as well.


http://www.wholesaleartsframes.com/83-inch-wide-primed-cotton-canvas-rolls-13oz/?gclid=COKx3ZO6w78CFQphfgodZbAAag


I'm in no real rush as of yet. I have my brown craft paper blocking the horrid wood panels in here :::grin::: and lighting is really first in my mind, but I like looking at my options.

I was looking at some other roll options, but this canvas option seems pretty alright. I'll be using acrylics, so I think the rubbery nature of it will play well with the canvas on the wall.


I could go with this other option - Acrylic Primed Polyflax Canvas Rolls - which is a bit cheaper, but smaller. I'd have 28.5" with this option, bit it is less expensive overall.


http://www.draftingsuppliesdew.com/mall/item.asp?name=fredrix-575-scholastic-acrylic-primed-polyflax-canvas-rolls&gclid=CNu6utW7w78CFc1lfgodWxIAlg


I think I'm on to something here.

Anyone have any thoughts on the subject?  Comments welcome and appreciated! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment