Friday, August 21, 2015

More Factory progress and additions


I've tossed in a few more additions here and there. I finally have some three wheelers on my layout! :)



The Tomytec offerings are fantastic in general. The car sets are a great deal. They have the classics in Japanese auto styles - a drag seeing as I have to order them all from Japan to get them. Worth it, however.





I've also added to my extension items. (Again, ordered from Japan) I finally got my tanker cars and tanker trucks along with that final piece of my factory - a Greenmax Factory that should play nicely with my current pieces. 



The Greenmax kits are grand and require a good amount of painting and detailing, but they go together really well. The molding is fab. I'm looking forward to completing it so I can get my factory space set in place.  

I got a few other items as well to go with the factory area as well. Tanker trucks, tanker cars and a fe other items for the scene. 






Things are looking pretty good - the kind of thing that I was aiming for, which is grand. Of course, this also means that I have a lot....a lot of work to do. :)  It's going to be fun. I'm looking forward to it. The tunnel entrance is going to be a bit of a challenge. The size was a bit smaller than I expected. I need to adjust a bit, but it will work out.

I love the way the tanker trucks look in the factory setting.





The Tankers are looking good in the factory area as well.




 And...of course...there are strange goings on at the factory as well. It seem the army makes regular appearances there and spend a lot of time taking soil and water samples. Hmmmm.....


2 comments:

  1. I love those 3 wheelers, I've got a couple of them on my Ntrak module. There are very Showa era and you don't see them on the road at all now. I don't know if you remember them, but our US Post Office back before the current LLV trucks and before the Jeep dispatchers used a three wheeled delivery vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 'em too. I thought they had more of a presence these days. Sad to see them go. They have a charm to them. :)
      Funny - I don't remember the USPS three wheelers. I just looked 'em up and they don't ring a bell. Might be a hair before my memory - it looks like 1963 or so? I'm a 1969 baby, so they might have been phased out by the time I had my memory. hehehe Very cool.
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete