Well...I worked on this bridge a while back now. Popped the photos up and I'm finally making time to write about them. :) Busy bee. ((Really SHOULD be working on the bridge some more instead of writing, but...))
So...I had moved the bridge that was originally in this spot to the Kiwamura section - I'm super happy with that move.
I needed something for vehicles to get up to the Kiwamura residential area and thought that it was a perfect opportunity to do a little scratch building. The main part of the bridge is foam core. I've added supports under, but the main section will be strong enough to support the bridge section...as long as I don't lean on it. heh
From there, I added some styrene, which is the basis of most of my scratch builds. The white spots are the styrene areas.
Unlike the first bridge I made, this has a nice slope for the vehicles to roll up on. I just have the styrene set in place to make sure it's working in these next shots. The whole bridge was still free floating to make sure I had some wiggle room.
And, after a spray.....
I got more styrene and cut it down for a sidewalk section.
I was happy with the way things were shaping up, so I stuck it all down.
I worked on the side areas and barriers - setting them in place knowing that scenery was going to come into play as well, so it didn't have to be spot on perfection. I'm not really a "spot on perfection guy". Not at all. hehehe I have this slippery, painterly style when it comes to modeling and model railroading.
Relatively happy with the barriers and sidewalk progression.
Fired in some details like stairs that I'll go back in on and weather up later.
Safety first! :) Need to have barrier rails in alongside the walking path!
Overall, I'm pleased with how things are turning out. I need to add more details and the like, but the main bridge section is looking like I wanted it to. And, it serves a real world function, so that's nice.
And...seeing some of the bridges in Japan, this looks perfectly viable! heh!
In other news, I got a base going for my Saneki building I just finished. It's coming along, but needs more weathering and another round of details as well.
I only have two weeks until our MODEL RAIL RADIO Australia visitors come for their tour! I have lights ordered, but I lost my usual FATHER'S DAY WEEKEND hobby day due to a camping trip. Looks like I'll be working some nights over the coming weeks! I want to get things tidy and running well for their visit. I need to drop some activities onto the calendar so I don't loose track of what needs to be done between now and then.
Mostly cleaning, really. Which is LONG overdue! The addition of "skirts" onto the layout will help a lot. I'll be able to have storage under without actually having to LOOK at said storage all the time!