The area looks like a hillside slope.
So, I thought that building a foundation for the buildings might make it look like they are just buildings built on a hillside. I started with simple styrene and measured the slope, then built out a ramp-like structure as the base.
I tested it out and it looked like it was going to work out rather well, so I went to work on the second one.
I sprayed the bases at the same time I sprayed the pink foam.
After fitting them into the space, I decided to shift the direction a bit to make more room for the streets and parking.
I went through and did some weathering and detailing on the bases, adding color and weathering to the whole of it, then going in and painting individual blocks on the styrene. Then, I worked on the accessibility ramp and stairs.
I roughed in the street and parking areas based on the marking I figured out before moving the pink foam section so that the roadways would match up with the roads on the other two sections. I also did another level of detailing on the base.
And then, some flourishes - flowers and other scenic elements.
And some natural light shots...
And in place...
I'm pretty happy with the results so far. It needs another round of scenic elements and detailing, but it's off to a good start. I plan to lay down another layer of scenic elements trackside between the module and rails to blend it in. Then, of course I'll have the street section to drop in as well to connect the streets together. It's a fun little process.
I think the next module I'll work on will be the village section to the left of this section. However, I need to build out the other houses I should be getting in this week before moving forward on that.