Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Parking Lot Payment Office

My parking lot payment office turned out to be a fun little project. I used the Blair Scale House Kit (Laser Cut - Part #BLS-084 Based on a C&O Railway prototype scale house in Lynchburg, Virginia.) and built the kit base out of styrene.  The rock sculpture is a real rock my 15 month old brought me when i was working on the project. (So sweet!) I used KATO decals to detail it up and weathered it to work with the Old Town setup. There is no "Asian feel" to it, but I think it will still work with the Old Town area.

The kit went together well and was a lot of fun to work with. I had worked with laser cut metals before, but never wood. It was a fun experience, but I think I still prefer something a little more rugged when I'm working due to my big, dumb fingers. :)



I still need to work out the actual lot itself. Right now it's just too white. I plan to dull it down with a darker tan color and some details.





More photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcojojo/sets/72157628282696537/

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment