Sunday, July 26, 2015

Shizuka and Soyokaze Stills

I'm not sure if there are reposts in this posting or not. I apologize if there are. I've been so caught up in the extension that I've neglected Shizuka and Soyokaze, honestly. I have so much work to do on these areas that it's mind blowing in a fun way. Details, details, details.

I was actually giving thought to selling my HOT TOYS Dark Knight (Batman) figure to get some additional train funds, but my loving wife talked me out of it and so did a friend of mine who runs a shop that sells these hi end figures. They basically said 1.) I was going to miss it moments after selling and shipping it and 2.) They didn't really want to have to listen to me crying about it when it was gone. LOL   Try on all counts. 

I am selling some other items, however, that have been on the chopping block for a long while now. Some old, collector toys that I might be able to get some good coin for. "Management" still has a budget plan for my train stuff as well.  There's nothing like having a partner who is actually on board with your Hobby Madness®. :)

So, more shots of Shizuka and Soyokaze...just because.


I really enjoy this little section. It looks like a busy and active little spot.


The subway section is almost ready to be started up again now that the extension is in place and almost set. More on that in another post later. I want to do a LOT of detailing in the subway area including signage and more people. Little items that are featured in Japanese subway shots will be flowed into place as time goes on.


People, people and more people....and cars...will have to be acquired for Shizuka. Where the majority of my time and budget will go later in the layout's life span. 


I like the interactions here. Again, it seems like something is really happening. People are talking and doing little things on the layout. Love it.


I've moved this train ovr to the expansion for the moment until my other purchases are made later. I'll bounce it around a bit I'm sure - I really enjoy it and like seeing it run through Soyokaz and Shizuka.


Again...stuff going on. Scenes like this make me happy. More and more of this on the layout.






"I heard something that you may be interested in...."




Another are that will look much better with people is the temple area. And...yes...I've said all this before. hehehehe

STILL KISSING???   Get a room, honeymooners! :)

I still need to work with levels here in Soyokaze. And, stairs up to the sidewalks. It changes things drastically when these details are addressed. Adding people into the mix will help here as well.



This is more like it - street action.


No comments:

Post a Comment