Tuesday, September 13, 2016

N•RAIL Music Video: Trains a runnin'



It's been a while since I did a video with a little more production value, so last night I put this together. Just a few trains and a tram running through my layout space.

I got a few comments on Instagram that people really liked seeing train video, so I might do some more on my Instagram account as well. https://www.instagram.com/malcojojo/ 

I think the biggest thrill looking at these videos is seeing the trains actually rolling through the landscape and enjoying the overall experience and esthetic. I was never really that big on the train side of model railroading. I always enjoyed the scenes and scenery much more. The human interactions and little vignettes within the layout.   Now I'm making an effort to include the trains - running and static - into that esthetic and it's working out well for me.



Music: Akiko Nakamura, 虹色の湖 (Rainbow Lake), 1968 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Malcolm,
    I am exactly the opposite as I am more on the train side of model railroading, though I admire the effort and skills put into building a layout and creating realistic scenery. I think our respective interest will compliment one another. If you have empty track, I have trains to run on them - actually I have way too many. :)

    ReplyDelete