Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Steam Train Dream

I had a dream the other night that the family was going to take a vacation together. My in-laws, Mother, wife, kids brother-in-law, sister-in-law....the works.

We were packed and ready to travel with suitcases, food and supplies. And what was our mode of transportation? A steam train! The train had two passenger cars attached and a caboose. It was steamed up and ready to go. I actually moved it up a few feet to gain access to something, then I realized that the plan was for US to drive the thing!

All of a sudden, I realized that we didn't know how to drive a train. We didn't know train rules. We had not made plans to avoid other trains on the track, nor did we understand how to to it. It was classic. Here we were, all standing around this steam train and thinking, "We're supposed to leave for vacation right now on this thing." 

Good stuff. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment