Friday, February 20, 2015

Shizuka goings on


Shizuka is being worked on as well. Some small items, but ones that really get things moving in the right direction.

Sankei vending machines built. They have a nice level of detail for sure.



I finally put my little Shizuka Walk in place with people. It needs a few more rounds of detailing, but it's a good start.



I did a "rough sketch" of the tower building/Pringles can idea and it almost worked, but I don't think it's going to make the cut. The amount of work needed to get it up to snuff just isn't something I want to tackle right now. I might come back to it later, but as it stands now, I'm really not happy with the execution.





A little Sankei bike rack. This will actually move over to Soyokaze. I'm going to build a modern, underground bike rack system for Shizuka and the older style rack will roll over to Soyokaze - the older section. I have Sankei, card stock bikes for it as well.


I'm happy with the Shizuka building changes as well. They are creating some interesting views.




The Shizuka Hill area is working well. I need to dial in the shopping area towards the back where the double stacked buildings are now. :)


Lots lots lots more to do detail wise. That's really the fun stuff for me.

<><>


4 comments:

  1. Love the vending machines. I've been wanting to add some and the only ones I could find were the Sankei paper ones. After seeing how your's came out, I may pick up a set and try them out myself. I'm also working on some of my own using decals I made from photos I have taken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brad!
      The Sankei offerings are grand. I believe they have a few versions as well for variation. They go together rather well. You just need to take you time with them. Using this Roket Card Glue has taken some of the pain out of it for me for sure. :)

      They are so small that you could get away with doing something like them with a small photo, styrene and a paint job - no problem.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. woo, I love the cylinder building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Rios? Well, maybe I'll look at finishing it and ways I can improve it a bit. I was going to abandon it, but maybe I'll take another pass at it. :)
      Thanks!

      Delete