Monday, December 7, 2015

NRAIL Progress Report Video - December 2015




I put together another progress report video for December 2015. These have proven to be interesting to look over later - seeing where things are to date compared to months back.

I'm pleased with the way things are going at the moment. I also enjoy the fact that I'm starting to set down roots on the layout so I can get moving on more of the scenic side of things.

I have three sections now for the most part:

SHIZUKA - the City section


SOYOKAZE which is broken into a few areas - Soyokaze Harbor, Soyokaze Temple, Soyokaze Village and Soyokaze Hill.
 

And the new section, KIWAMURA.



View the video here:



NRAIL Progress Report December 2015 from Malcolm Johnson on Vimeo.


I'm aiming to just work on as much as I can work on when I can work on it. Could be 4 hours (rare) or a few minutes of puttering during a work break, which is far more common.

I've been doing a little city planning in Kiwamura - an area name I'm still making an effort to remember! I'm trying to get the flow right before locking too much down. I did the same thing in the Shizuka section and there were many great things that came out of the process. It's an interesting section to work through. I wanted it to be more modern and a little more boring in certain ways while more interesting in others. The main town area is rather straight forward while the factory area has potential for fun and whimsy. I gave thought to making my Kaiju monster area over in this spot rather than in the subway section. I'm going to scale the monster down and plant it out of direct sight with the military mounting and offensive close to the factory.  I want to make the view work for a monster sighting! :)

Smaller details are starting to roll into the Soyokaze and Shizuka sections. I want more signs, tourists and plan on making a go at street markings soon as well.

Thanks for reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment