Monday, August 13, 2018

Marukomushinia kitbash makeover


It was my late Father's birthday today, so this weekend I revamped the small kitbash I made in his honor. I wanted to make it look a bit less like a market with a building on top of it. :::grin:::

The origial was just that - a market with a building popped on top.



 I dug the overall space, but wanted to play with the colors a bit. I went with a red detail instead of the blue.

I also wanted to mirror a bit more of the wood on the sides of the base building to make the wooden rooftop building make a bit more sense. I used card stock for the wood panels.


Ah...it's all starting to come together!




I still need to put another coat of red on tonight. That should be rather straight forward. I also want to get some more people on the roof with a few more roof and general building details.

In place, the building is looking much better. I'm happy with the touch up.





The lore behind the place is that it's where my Dad could really shine. He was a great party guest and people loved his humor and general happy nature. So, I thought that this could be a place where he's the owner / operator, slipping through the crowds of dinner and dancing guests and playing the host. He'd be known in Soyokaze and Shizuka and the place would be the kind of place people would talk about and bring out of town guests to.

"You HAVE to check this place out! The owner is a super cool guy and really funny!"

Miss ya, Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment