Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hamburger Joint Remodel: After




SO MUCH BETTER!

This was a lot of fun. I added a floor made from styrene and tried to make it look like the kind of floor a joint like this would have. No slip for all the frying going on. :)

A repaint of the counter did wonders as did a paint up of the whole interior and the stone on the exterior walls. (Having light blue painted stone was horrid)

I tore out their silly looking trees and put in some nice moss bushes. All the people were replaced with Woodland Scenic folks.

I added some little signs and a menu area on the counter. A fridge, stove, oven and back counter top space topped things off perfectly.

I did a repaint of the parking lot as well, making it a bit flatter black/gray.

This was a fun little one night project. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

More photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcojojo/sets/72157626986976774/

~~

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I had the exact same feeling about this model as you! A really cool/classic piece of '50's architecture, but executed cheaply! Love the details/painting! Stoves and a kitchen! Awesome! You've raised the bar my friend! :-}

    ReplyDelete