Sunday, July 10, 2011

Station Project - GO!

I've finally started work on my Station Project. It's going to be a fun one!

It's pretty basic - I'll be building the station with two lines coming into it and a dummy train. The base is a piece of board. I'll be building up the scene with figures, additional station buildings and pathways. I'll top it all off with fences, trees and grass sections. The station will also feature a small bus stop.

Again, the idea is to take my time with the whole of it, but I'm excited to see it come together. I'm painting figures for the first time as well. I got a set by PREISER that has 125 figures. The set cost me $32 where a set of WOODLAND SCENIC people costs anywhere from $10 to $15 for about four figures. While it's a better deal...it's hard, man! heheheh It's taking a lot to paint the figures so they look right. I'm leaning towards using them as "background" figures within buildings and shops so you can't look them over at too close a range. :)

The additional station buidlings are by KATO - the Platform Accessory Set 23-118. Awesome, as usual.

Stay tuned for progress pictures.

~~

No comments:

Post a Comment