Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Model Railroad Hobbyist



Model Railroad Hobbyist
http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/

Free? A FREE train mag available online? 

For free?

YES! Model Railroad Hobbyist is a free train hobby mag online. It's packed with ads and is online and not printed, so the price is right when it comes to getting the product out to the customer.


And honestly, I don't mind the adverts. As a matter of fact, I like them.  They let me see what items are out there and get me thinking about things that I might want for me layouts. And, free is good.

The "mag" is packed with information and helpful articles. The production level is top notch and the online mag is easy to browse through and make use of. I'm sure iPad owners will love the setup. And, they can cart the mag around a little better than I can on my laptop. The interface is clear and the left and right arrows allow for easy page turning. There are three views to choose from and options to jump to pages and email to friends as well.

It's not the same as a paper magazine - I know, but the bad aspects are far less than the good the online mag provides. The smaller eco footprint, smaller home footprint (no piles and piles of mags laying around) and...the mag being free are all big points in the plus column.

Take a look when time allows.  The simple framework and easy to use interface will please, I'm sure.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment