Friday, May 16, 2014

May 2014 Video Update Tour



I have a little video tour update up and I like the progress I'm making on the layout. It's fun to see it come together like it has with all the little items being done here and there.

I still have a long way to go, of course, but it's a fun and relaxing process - as it should be. I've waited a long while to have something like this going and I appreciate the whole of the process, not just getting it done. It can be a little overwhelming at times, but that's when you need to slow it down and remember that it's for fun...and it's not a race.

I also appreciate my wife understanding that the hobby isn't just a silly thing I like doing. She may not understand the why behind what I'm doing, but she knows I like it and that it makes me happy, so she supports me in my endeavors. Very cool Lady. :)

On deck:
• BACKDROP BACKGROUND! Man, I hate seeing that wood paneling in these shots! :)
• Lighting
• A skirt for around the edge of the layout
• Lock down track and scene locations (I'm still thinking about alternate track routes here and there)
• Lay in roadways and building base areas

As usual, comments are welcome.




2 comments:

  1. Malcolm well done, I know this could cost you a few bucks to do,are you going to finish off the guard rail on the side where the auto's cross the arch bridge like you have on the other side ?? it would set it off, I have followed your build steps. cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Ros! I got the material this past weekend and now I just need to carve out some time to actually do the production. :)
      The bridge will also look MUCH better after I get the actual road down for it. It's currently rather floaty on the ends. Bugs me every time I see it. hehehe
      I keep tweaking the track slightly, so I have not placed the road plaster yet. I hope to get it "locked down" this week. We'll see.
      Thanks for looking! I need to catch up on your progress, too.

      Delete