Friday, May 23, 2014

May Progress - additional items


More news from Soyokaze and Shizuka



MODEMO WEATHERING

I did a little lite weathering on my Modemo tram. It was hard to dive in on it, but I'm happy that I did. Light gray areas are now wondrously weathered and "used" feeling, the body has some wear marks, but doesn't look like it's ready for retirement (Thanks, James Lincoln - good advise on that from a Model Rail Radio Show. "Don't make it look like the railroad wouldn't be running it anymore because it's so beat up!" :)  ) and it looks like it's been out in the elements a bit instead of pulled from a box and placed. Ahhhh. 

The images don't really do it justice. I really need to break out the proper camera for some better photos.


Pre-weathering
Pre-weathering
Post-weathering

I also hit my little rail train and box cars. Much better.




Naze hashi なぜ橋 details

I finally got around to doing the last bit of barrier work on the bridge. I went with using the road barriers from KATO turned upside down and I'm happy with the way it turned out.

Roz From Oz - what do you think?   :)







Soyokaze Station 02 details are in, but I need to take another "clean up" pass at it. I was working a bit too fast and would like to address some of the sloppy lines and the like. but...you know...better than out of the box, in my most humble of opinions. :)




More KATO barrier use


In place

One thing I really need to think about are sidewalks. I need to put some thought into that for sure. You can purchase them - sure. Or, I could make them out of styrene sheets, but I'd rather come up with a cost effective, Home Depot-like solution. Like some sort of strip roll of some product that could be cut down and applied that looks like sidewalk. Any feedback there would be appreciated.


Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment