Thursday, April 6, 2017

Soyokaze River Module, Farewell






I said goodbye to my Soyokaze River Module recently.  I had looked at it and I saw that it was dusty, covered with webs, and forgotten. It was time to look at folding it into the main layout.


It's hard - I really did love that little shelf for a long while.
Shots here - https://www.flickr.com/photos/malcojojo/albums/72157635552874482

However, I got sad seeing it up in our guest room - alone. Dusty.

I had an idea - re-build a back module of my layout and fold the buildings from the river module into the rebuild. It wouldn't be the same, but I might have been able to retain some of the flavor of the Soyokaze River shelf. 



I talked to my wife about the project and she mentioned the fact that she really liked the module I was thinking about rebuilding. She liked the mountain and the nature presented. Then she said, "Why don't you just...add the river buildings into that section?"

I looked at the section and it seemed to make sense. Just remove the industrial stuff and add in the more village looking buildings.  When I was looking at what that meant, it really became clear. It was a great flow from Soyokaze Village towards the back of the layout.



It's not as charming as the little shelf layout. That's a bit of a drag. However, I hope to get some of the more charming nature of the shelf into the main layout here and there.





And, we move on. :)

<><>





No comments:

Post a Comment